Wednesday, November 4, 2009

When it rains...

My living room looks like an explosion from Babies R Us!! We had 2 beautiful showers in 2 weekends, and the generosity of everyone was overwhelming. I don't think there's a thing that needs to be returned. We got gift cards galore, enough to stock up on plenty of diapers for the little man. I still have thank you notes to write, which is always the hardest part for me--I like them to be personalized, not generic, and each one has to be different. Not always easy.

I've entered the world of the non-working!! Well, I'm tutoring still, but that's only 1.5 hours once a week. I ended my job at the vet clinic last week. It was a little sad to me, but Paul is convinced I'll end up working there again one day. I doubt it, but if they wanted me back, I would try. Frankly, I didn't make enough to justify dropping the baby off at a daycare or babysitter's, though if they wanted me on weekends, I could do that. But they don't. Anyway, I'm getting easily used to not having to go to work!

I had some sad news today. The father of my friend Michelle passed away last night. He was diagnosed late last year with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). I worked for Joe's hot dog business for many years and he was, by far, the BEST boss I ever had! I was in awe of his devotion to his family, and everything he did for Michelle--driving her to all her doctor appointments, going with her to New York for treatment, standing by her and helping her in her fight against cancer (more than 7 years now). He was married to Barb for more than 45 years (not exactly sure how many). He'll be sorely missed.

I had a doctor's appointment today. I'm now on weekly visits to the doctor. Nothing's really new or different, except for the occasional contractions I've been having. They're few and far between, but pretty distinct, however nothing to be concerned about...yet. As far as the doctor could tell, the little man is still breech. He moves around a lot, but had yet to flip. I have a feeling we'll be scheduling a c-section in early December!

Only 3 weeks until Thanksgiving! Happy November!


0 comments: