Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Seven


I can't get over the fact my baby is 7 months old now!! He's doing so much new stuff. First, he's officially crawling. For so long, he would take a couple creeps, then drop to his stomach and army-crawl the rest of the way. He's finally, in the last week, just crawled the whole way he wants to go. He's also pulling himself up into a standing position. It takes a little effort for him, and he still falls quite a bit, but he's definitely standing! I figure it's just a matter of time before he's walking himself along furniture. He pretty much just stands in one place now.


He's such a funny kid, too. He laughs a lot at me, especially when I just simply look at him funnily. He's so much more interactive now, much to the delight of his father, who really didn't find him fun as a little baby. He ADORES Paul and lights up when he walks in the room. He also cries when he leaves the room, which causes a stir at lunchtime when Paul stops in for a half hour. Jackson definitely doesn't like the come-and-go approach of his daddy!

Jackson still does well with other people and hasn't shown any signs of separation anxiety. He does get left alone with people, mostly my mom and sister, but he willingly goes to the arms of anyone these days. I realize this may not last, but for now, he's happy with just about anyone.

It gives me such pleasure to see how much everyone loves him to bits!! My mom and sister especially spend a lot of time with him and love everything he does. They both babysit while I tutor on Tues and Thurs mornings, for which I'm eternally grateful. Even Paul's friends, the Whittenhalls, are madly in love with him. It's so fun to see that in other people, but I get a little put-off with those who show little to no interest in him! I guess I'm the one who's spoiled by all the attention.

My tutoring job is just for the summer, probably another 6-7 weeks from now, and the money's good so at least I feel like I'm contributing a little to the household. I'm teaching ESL to a 16 year old who moved here in June from Germany. He's doing well and is a really nice kid! The lessons are long (3 hours at a time) and quite far from where I live, but it's good for me to have this break in my week. And good for Jackson to spend time with someone other than me!

We're headed up to Waynee World for our annual family weekend, so expect to see hundreds of pictures posted on my site next week! It'll be so much fun with Jackson up there. Hopefully, Mommy will get her usual amount of sun, but with a little one under foot, that might not happen....and that's ok. I'd rather have Jackson any day of the week!

0 comments: