Saturday, March 26, 2011

COLD!

Shoooooot....we're back to being cold again. At least there's a bit of sun mixed in some days, which really makes a (positive!) difference, but it's no longer walk-around-outside kind of weather, which is hard to explain to a 1 year old who's jonesing to go outside. Sorry, kid. Not today.

We've had some really good news here. Steve (Paul's brother) is CANCER-FREE!! We're all still a bit stunned, but it looks as though his stem cell transplant worked wonders and cured him of cancer. I'm amazed at how fast it was, I mean it hasn't even been a year since his diagnosis, and some people go through years and years of treatments (his sister, for one). I can't believe Steve is done after just 9 months. He still has doctor appointments to go to, and some drugs to be taken off of, and he has to watch his diet and be careful around sick people (he has the system of a newborn, so he'll eventually need vaccines and such), but he's basically done with the really hard stuff. It's pretty amazing!

That means that Paul is finally back home on weekends. I can't tell what this alone means to me. Jackson has truly missed his daddy being around. YES, he's only a year old and I realize he won't remember Paul being gone for days on end, but it did have an effect on him. He just clings to Paul sometimes, and it's sad, but he'll get used to him being around again. I'm grateful for the extra hands! And I really, really missed my best friend. We have such a good time together!

We're going to Mexico next month for a week....sans Jackson. When he first booked the trip, I was so apprehensive, first about saddling Jackson with someone for that long (not that he's a bad kid, but he IS a handful!), and about leaving my baby! The closer we get to the trip, the better I feel though. Paul and I really need this time away to just have a break from life. He's been really mentally taxed with everything that's happened with his brother, so getting away from it all will be so good for him. We may end up spending the week laying around, watching movies and bad 70's TV, but it'll be good to have a clear mind at the end of it all!

Keep your fingers crossed for some warm weather to return soon!!

0 comments: