Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Twists and turns.

I can't believe it's the end of May already! It's been an activity-filled month with birthday parties, Mother's Day, family gatherings, etc. June and July are looking to be about the same, too. Crazy what summers are like around here!


Paul and I have started the process to have our last remaining frozen embryo transferred. We've hit one snag already. I went for a hysterosonogram this past weekend (where he checks out the uterus to make sure it's a safe haven) and the doctor found an abnormality. He doesn't seem too concerned about it but it does need to be checked out, so at some point in mid-June, I'll have "surgery" on it. I hesitate to call it surgery (that's what they call it) because they're not cutting into me, though I guess they may be cutting something out of me, so that could qualify. I'm still on course with all the drugs to go through with the transfer, so it's not thought that this is serious, but I'll still need to be knocked out for it. I'll have Paul there to take me that day, and someone will watch Jackson (likely my sister). I'm not really too worried...or likely, I have too much else on my mind to really give it too much thought.


As of right now, I'm hopped up on the BC pill and Lupron (shots). Been a few years since I've done all this but it's like riding a bike. If all goes well, we'll probably have a transfer in mid-June and we should know by the end of June if it's worked. It's kind of our last resort--if this doesn't work, we're done and Jackson will be a very spoiled only child. ☺


Next month is going to be so SUPER busy! I start an exercise class (just once a week through the park district), Jackson will have swim lessons and tumbling, and the pool opens! I got a pool pass for just myself--Paul isn't really interested in the water and swimming, so this will be something I can do with Jackson during the day. I'm actually pretty excited! I think it'll be fun to hang out with him all day (which is pretty much what I do now, but at home).

SO HAPPY to have warm weather again!!

0 comments: