Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The best and the worst.

I don't know that I've ever mentioned how Jackson and I watch Sesame Street together. We have this "thing" where we both sit on the couch and watch, and he's snuggled up against me. It's the sweetest thing and I have to say, he has a hard time sitting and watching by himself! I don't use the TV as a babysitter---he just won't sit quietly alone, but if I sit down, he'll sidle over and snuggle up against my left side, and I sit with my arm around him. It's incredibly sweet and, while it prevents me from getting any work done, it's most definitely worth it!! I don't know how long he'll continue it, but I enjoy it each time as if it's the last.

We had some bad news today. Last week, Jackson had an EKG. His pediatrician had noticed a slight heart murmur (which she'd noticed last year a couple times when he had colds) at his 18 month appt. She said she wanted to send him for an EKG just to make sure it's nothing serious. Today, I got the call that, after review, it was determined that Jackson MIGHT have possible right ventricular hypertrophy, and it was recommended that we visit the pediatric cardiologist who reviewed his EKG, so we have an appt with him this coming Friday afternoon.

Needless to say, I was quite a mess this afternoon (thanks, Aunt Cake, for talking me down off the ledge!). I feel guilt as if I've done something to worsen this situation (though I'm pretty sure I didn't cause it)---putting him cold water during swimming lessons, that sort of thing. After some research and talking to people, I'm a bit calmer now, though still incredibly worried. I've heard different things like EKG readings aren't always accurate for detecting this sort of problem, and this isn't a death sentence...he'll still lead a normal life. Still, it's so scary, more than I can ever describe. I'm going to stop typing about it now or I'll get upset all over again.

On a happier note, I'm finally getting a new car. It'll be a 2011 Honda CR-V. I've had my 2000 CR-V for 11 years now and it's been a GREAT car, so it makes perfect sense to continue with the same thing. We went to a dealership today (from whom we'll get a great deal) but they didn't have one in stock, so now it's a waiting game. If they find one at another dealer, they'll get that one for me and I might have it in a few days. If not, they'll order me one, which could take up to 8 weeks. I requested a light blue color and no second choice. I wasn't able to choose my color last time (and we know how THAT turned out!), so I'm allowing myself to be a little picky this time around! I test drove one tonight and it was so nice and quiet! For those who don't know, the muffler on my current car is hanging by a thread and no longer connected where it should be. I'm hoping to get the new car before we go to Waynee World next week.

Speaking of WW, I'm excited beyond words to go! This is my only vacation this summer, and I definitely need it. We all do! Oren will be staying with Rosie, who I'm hoping doesn't plan to leave him tied up in the backyard the whole time. He needs to be walked twice a day (so different from the other 3 dogs before him!!), so I'm hoping Steve can carry that burden. We used to take Bailey to WW, but Oren's a much different dog---good in so many ways, but he's not quite WW ready!

Enjoy the weather!

0 comments: