Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Human pin cushion.

Oh, I forgot how much fun it is to shoot hormones into my abdomen! Man, this shit sucks, but I keep reminding myself of the potential long-term goal here. Or maybe it's a short-term goal...I don't know anymore. They're upping my hormone doses so I'll be in even better moods in the next week or so. The expected embryo transfer date is Thursday, June 30th in the afternoon. Paul will take me, Aunt Cake will be watching Jackson, and I'll spend a glorious 18 hours with my butt in the air in an attempt to help this little sucker stick. We now have a clean playing field, so I'm trying to remain hopeful.

I don't want to be pessimistic about this. I'm trying to be positive, but I know myself enough to know that I can't let my hopes get too high. Do I expect this to work? Not really. I have hope that it will, but I have to remain guarded in the event it doesn't. It makes me incredibly sad that this could be our last shot at a second child. I want so bad for Jackson to have a sibling.

Jackson has been so fun lately! We started his tumbling class this week and sadly, I was disappointed in it. It was unstructured, and we spent 30 minutes playing in a room filled with mats and some kid-sized gymnastic equipment. No activities, nothing. It was so different from his awesome Tot Rocks class, which was planned down to the minute with activities! I'll give this one more shot before making any radical decisions.

I'm now taking a yoga class on Mondays, and I love it! I was in Zumba, which was a good class but VERY aerobic-centered. I have no rhythm and can't dance, and felt a little like a bumbling fool in there (though I was happy to be neither the oldest or largest in class!). I also had horrible neck spasms for the 2 weeks I was in it. Yoga is definitely more my speed. I still sweat like a piggie and, 2 days later, I'm still sore, but it was GOOD. I'll stick with this one!

Jackson starts swimming lessons next week (M-F, then the following M-W), so we'll be BUSY! It sometimes takes so much effort to take him somewhere that I feel like it blows half the day. Add to that the appointments at Dr. Morris' office and I feel like I'm running my ass off every single day. Thankfully, my neighbor is taking Jackson one morning so I don't have to take him to sit in the tiny room with me while I have a wand up my hoo-ha. They have a little girl his age who loves to play with him!

More later...


0 comments: