Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ass in air...CHECK!

In the beginning, Jackson was the nubbin.

Baby #2 (who didn't make it) was the nugget.

Now, I introduce to you....NIBLET.

Yes, we have an embryo. Everything went smoothly this afternoon! We made our way downtown Chicago to 900 N. Michigan, bypassed the stores and headed up to Dr. Morris (who resembles Rahm Emanuel...and I pointed that out to him...), and got an embryotic deposit. DONE. We got home and I'm now spending the rest of today and most of tomorrow with my butt in the air. Not literally, but there's a pillow under there. I'm an incubator.

Now we wait. We'll have a bloodtest late next week, then one a few days later, and if all goes well, they'll keep close check on me until I'm "released" to my regular OB. Or this will all end next week. I'm bracing myself for that, but damn, it's not easy.

I won't lie---I want this to work. I REEEEEALLY want this to work. I keep remembering that the chances are so much lower with only one little niblet in there. I'll be pretty damned disappointed if this doesn't work.

I shouldn't have named it. But I did.

Keep your fingers crossed. My mom is coming tomorrow to spend the morning with Jackson until he goes down for a nap, then I'm on my own. I spent 48 hours on the couch the last time we went through this...this time is only 24. I just hope it's enough.

*sigh*

0 comments: