Friday, December 16, 2011

Hacking up lungs around here

My poor poot is still coughing after almost a week. I had him into the doctor's office on Tuesday for his 2 year appointment, and she said his lungs sounded good and his ears looked clear. I decided, with the weekend ahead (and a couple important Christmas parties), I should have him checked out before then, so we headed off there again today. He saw a different doctor who said everything is still good, and this is likely being brought on by post nasal drip. She gave the ok to give him Benedryl, so I stopped and got a bottle.

For those who don't know, I'm all about the drugs (more for myself than Jackson!). I have a pharmacy in my bathroom. I take after my mother, I guess.

Anyway, his appetite is slowly coming back, but I think he's been a little spoiled this week. I've let him eat whatever he will (within reason!), and so he's snacked on things at all times of the day. Usually things like carrots and frozen peas, occasionally black olives. His dinner tonight consisted of a pickle, 3-4 spoonfuls of pasta (plain whole wheat), a bowl of grapes, and about 6-7 whole grain Goldfish crackers. Breakfast has been his best meal of the day, but only if it's a bowl of Cheerios. Today I was able to sneak some banana in there. He just won't eat anything else right now, though it's pretty easy to see that the kid isn't starving (yet...).

Tomorrow is a family Christmas party on Paul's side, then Sunday is Christmas with my dad and stepmom. I HATE taking him out when he's sick and exposing him to others, but I don't know that I can miss either of these parties. We'll see how he is in the morning and decide then. Amazingly, neither Paul nor I have caught this (yet...). I'm hoping it stays far, far away after it leaves him, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking.

Happy weekend before Christmas!

0 comments: