Monday, December 19, 2011

Motherload

Saw the doctor again on Friday, and she confirmed that Jackson's lungs, ears, and throat all look clear. She said this is probably just a post-nasal drip induced cough, and she suggested giving him a teaspoon of Benedryl before bed. We've given him that all weekend (though it does make me a little nervous, considering it's not recommended for kids under the age of 4). It doesn't really seem to be helping much though. His nose was more runny today (clear, not green), but I don't know if that's good or bad. I feel like we're at a point where we just have to wait for it to end on its own. As long as he can breathe, I guess that's what counts.

This past weekend, we had 2 family parties: Saturday with Paul's side, Sunday with my dad and stepmom. They were both VERY nice parties and we did have a good time, despite Crabby Paddy and his sidekick, Coughy Cup O'Paddy. He hit the motherload! Holy moly, the gifts were aplenty. A couple have to go back (one might not since the window to return has passed), but overall, it was very nice.

We'll be staying in the next couple of days to relax and take it easy before another big weekend. I feel so bad for dragging Jackson out when he doesn't feel well, and for infecting everyone who crosses his path. I'm sure I'll be hearing stories in the next few days about someone we've infected falling ill. My apologies for anyone caught in the sick crossfire.

Enjoy the weekend!

0 comments: