Wednesday, August 1, 2012

4 months!!

OH MY WORD, we're only 4 months from Jackson's birthday!!!  I've already been thinking about what to do (theme, decor, etc) because yes, I'm crazy like that.  I think this year's theme will be Toy Story.  He LOVES LOVES LOVES the movies, and he has a bit of a Buzz obsession these days.  With all the traveling we've done in the last month, he's watched a LOT of Toy Story on the portable DVD player in the car, which has made his obsession a bit worse.  Truthfully, I don't mind one bit---I love watching the movies, which is good because we watch them quite a bit (he's seen 1 more than the others, and 3 a few times, but we've only shown him 2 just once...it's such a dark movie to me...).

Anyway, Jackson also loves the TV show, Word World (which he calls Doggie Duck because those are the first 2 characters in the intro).  He could watch this all day, everyday.  I think we have 31 episodes taped on the DVR.  However, it's much harder to find party supplies with WW than it is TS, so TS wins that war.

I'm also trying to plan his new room.  I'm going to start potty training in the next couple of months, and when he does get trained, he'll need to be moved to a big-boy bed.  So far, we have zero furniture for that to happen!  He has a dresser that will work, and his round, spinning bookshelf.  The crib and changing table will have to go, and in their place....a bed.  We're still discussing what size bed (twin or full), and the advatages of each.  I have a Target gift card that he was given for his first birthday that I've never used, so that will be used to buy sheets.  I've had my eye on a BEAUTIFUL comforter from Pottery Barn Kids.  Actually, I like their bedroom furniture as well.  How is it that, as cheap as I am, I have the most expensive tastes when it comes to Jackson??!  I think I'll be able to keep the paint on the walls as the colors are the same in the comforter I like.  :)  Well played, Mom...well played.

As much as I hate winter, I'm excited to have these things to look forward to, as small and pitiful as they may seem to others.  It's funny...when I look back on my life 10 years ago, I could never have imagined doing what I'm doing right now.  EVER.  Not that I ever had a great promising career, though I did love teaching.  I don't miss it much now.  I love what I'm doing, and I'm excited to see my little boy grow up and learn so much.  I miss him as a baby, but I'm enjoying him and soaking this all in RIGHT NOW as much as I can.  He's the only child I'll ever have, and I think that gives me the right to get excited about his birthday 4 months in advance.  HA!

This weekend: another round of Waynee World.  Ahhhhhhh.....can't wait to be floating on the crystal waters of that beautiful lake!

0 comments: