Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Trying

The last couple of days in the IacoHouse have been challenging, to say the least!  Jackson has been big into pushing everyone's buttons.  I realize he's at an age where he's going to test every boundary put before him.  He's doing a GREAT job of that.

Today was a really REALLY bad day.  Putting aside Jackson's behavior lately, there were just a string of bad happening--nothing major, just a lot of little things: spilled art project on the floor, broken plates, forgotten appointments.  Add in the orneriness of a certain 3 year old and it's just a bad chemistry experiment.

It's hard for me to put things into perspective when these things are in the midst of happening.  I mean, yes, we have our good health, we live in a beautiful house in a great neighborhood, I get to stay at home with my child.  I know I have a lot to be grateful for, and I AM grateful.

The hard part is remembering all that when I'm trying to wrangle Jackson out the door to go to speech therapy and he's refusing to go potty and we're late and he's mad because he has to wear pants and he's screaming at me....

Ugh.

Top it off with Jackson's injury from yesterday--a split lip.  Fell off his bouncy ball and face planted into the hardwood floor.  It looks like someone beat the shit out of him, and while there are times I think I'd like to knock him to next Tuesday, he'll tell you the story himself about how he fell and needed ice on his lip and got to drink a bottle and it was hard because his lip hurt...

Ugh.

Tonight, he even got to Paul.  Paul, bless his soul, who NEVER EVER EVER gets mad or raises his voice, and has more patience in his little toe than I do in my entire body...he blew his stack tonight and yelled more than once at a screaming child who refused to sit in the bathtub and subsequently had his entire bath while standing up. 

I think we need a break.  From each other, yes, but from this shitty weather, from this house and all its distractions, from the weekly activities, from everyday mundane life.

I guess things can only go up from here, right? 

0 comments: