Monday, October 8, 2007

Definitely NOT hormonally challenged

This past Sunday, I started wearing an estrogen patch. I put 2 of them on my stomach every other day. This is in addition to the progesterone that goes in the coochie. Let me tell you--this is a lethal combination!! I've been on fertility drugs for a good 6 weeks now and have not had the emotional roller coaster like I've had the last couple of days. Yesterday was particularly bad, having to deal with issues that normally might have slightly ticked me off but were full-blown ordeals by the end. Sadly, I'm unable to figure out how to post the best example of this (a voice mail received from a colleague). Write to me if you'd like me to send it to you. It's 72 seconds of pure, classic entertainment.

Work has been ok. I just found out that the room in which I teach at NCC will no longer have a computer or projector available in it. It did for the first few weeks, but now it's gone. This really sucks as some of my lessons involve having the ability to project things to the students from the internet or other software. At WCC, I only had 11 students show up for class last night (an additional one wrote to say she's sick), so I'm afraid my once-large class is dwindling! Thankfully, for both, I'm half way through the semester/term--only 5 weeks of NCC to go and 8 weeks of WCC left. I think this is the first time I've ever counted down the weeks until break. I'm just not into it much this year, likely due to everything else we're going through.

I have my appointment set for October 26th to get the official pregnancy test, though I have a few home tests that I'll likely try before then (like later this week!). We're headed to Michigan this weekend (Waynee World) for a little fall relaxation (at least for me--the boys are taking out the pier), something I've never tried at this time of year. It'll be strange not going for boat rides or swimming and sunning! I'm still looking forward to the distraction, and maybe getting some much-needed grading done.

Until the next time....

0 comments: