Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Happy Easter!

**UPDATE: we have 6 fertilized eggs!! Still not sure of the transfer date, but I should know more tomorrow.**


WOW! The last 5 days or so have been such a roller coaster. Last Thursday, I was told I had only 3 eggs (not even enough for retrieval, so they were going to do artificial insemination). Then at my appointment Friday morning, they suddenly said I had enough eggs (4) so the retrieval was back on. At Saturday morning's appointment, they had a few more than that so they scheduled it for yesterday (Monday). They go in and pull out fifteen of those little buggers!! Yes, you read that right. We were completely in shock! I don't know how many of those are mature enough to be fertilized, but the nurse seemed to think around 10 of them would be good. That's an amazing number! We'll find out for sure in the next day or so when they call with the news, then give me the day I need to go back in to have them put in (it'll either be Thurs or Sat).

Eggs, eggs, everywhere eggs!

The downside to finding 15 eggs is the pain my poor ovaries are feeling right now. Hoochie mama! Last night, I could barely get myself off the couch. Today is better, though I'm still noticeably sore. I still plan to go to work this afternoon (vet clinic) but I might not bowl tomorrow night. I keep thinking that moving will help it feel better, but it really doesn't. Neither does Tylenol 3 (bummer!!).

I'm so happy that this whole experiment might actually work! The thought of only having a few eggs was discouraging, to say the least. I hated the thought of having to possibly go through this all again next month. I won't feel completely good about things until I find out how many eggs can be fertilized, but the nurse gave us a lot of hope yesterday.

More when I know it!!

0 comments: