Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tomorrow's the big day!!

Yes, you read that right--tomorrow (Thursday) at 10am is the embryo transfer. We're kind of struggling right now with the debate about whether the 3 day or 5 day transfer is better. The doctors seem to think that tomorrow is better for us. There are reasons that defy my ability to explain, but Paul is on the hunt for a lot more research to make sure we're doing the right thing. It's a tough debate and lots of people (doctors and patients) have a lot of different opinions about it. To see one, just google "ivf 3 day vs. 5 day" (sans quotes) and you'll see what I mean. The first article listed is enlightening, if not a big discouraging. We're getting info from internet and IVF survivors, and things are kind of gelling together for me a bit.

After the transfer, I get to come home and be a slug for 48 hours. That means no teaching, no vet clinic, no doing anything but laying around (awww...). Speaking of the vet clinic, I had my official start date there on Tuesday (I'll be there on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for about 8-10 hours a week--short, but that's about all I can handle in addition to teaching!). They opened this past Monday and I was there a couple times last week to help set stuff up, but Tuesday I started my duties as Veterinary Assistant. Those of you who have known me a while know that when I was younger, my dream was to be a vet. Well, I'm not a vet, but I get to do really cool stuff and this is probably as close as I'll ever get to being a vet while having a MA in French. :) I mostly just get information from clients before the doctor sees them, help her hold the animals during shots, fill prescriptions, and do other small, minor tests. It's so awesome though!! There will be times when I'm sitting at the front desk greeting people as they walk in. Other times, I might be walking dogs around the area. It's a diverse job and I'm looking so forward to learning more and more. AND...the best parts...I have business cards, and I wear scrubs!!! IT'S THE COOLEST JOB!!

That's the latest. I'll update again after tomorrow, though I really won't know anything until they do a pregnancy test in a few weeks. Wish us luck!!!

0 comments: