Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Heck of a day

Today's been quite the busy day. This morning, my mom was in a bad car accident. She had just left for work and was slowing down for a turning car in front of her when she was slammed from behind by a bus, then the car went into a tree. She's ok, but ended up with a broken arm, ankle, and sternum. She's really sore and in a lot of pain right now. It'll take her a while to recover but thankfully, it wasn't any worse than it was. She was admitted to the hospital and will probably stay there for a few days, then go to a rehab facility. Yes, folks, my mom will be in a nursing home. We gave her a hard time about that today. Anything to make her smile!

While I was at the hospital with her, I got a call from the fertility place. They left a message saying they were expecting me today for a pregnancy test. **SAY WHAT?** I called them back and they told me that they normally do them 12 or 13 days after the embryo transfer. The woman was actually pissy with me for not showing up today, despite the fact I made an appointment for the date they told me to originally--October 26!! Like I'm supposed to know how these things work?! Anyway, I told them I can't make it in until Thursday. Tomorrow, I'm being observed during class (by the dept chair) so that's making me really nervous--to have a pregnancy test looming in my mind would drive me mad, so I decided to wait another day. Besides, I took another home test yesterday and it was negative, so if I'm doomed to hear bad news, I'd like to put it off as long as possible.

Other than that, things are running smoothly. I say that with a bit of sarcasm. :) Paul's brother left today to move out to California (he was living with us for the past 2 weeks). The house has been reclaimed! I can finally catch up on Tivo-taped shows! Hahahaha.

Hope everyone is happy and well!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your class observation. And whatever you do, please make sure to clean the blackboard when you are done!