Thursday, October 18, 2007

The results are in.

NEGATIVE. Today was the official fertility center pregnancy test, and it was a big, fat negative. We did, however, end up with one frozen little bugger that we can use later, but one isn't enough. The doctor I spoke to tried to get me to make arrangements to come in soon, but I think we're going to try another doctor. I wasn't all that pleased with this one, though I'm not sure if they're all like this or not. I guess we'll find out. I'm fine with all this--I really am.

My mom is doing ok--her spirits are pretty good. She was told today that it'll be at least 3 months before she'll be allowed to go back to work, but she'll be able to go on disability after 30 days. That's good news, considering! She's still in the hospital but is due to be released in a day or two for a rehab center (pending insurance approval). She'll likely go to one in Wheaton, which is only about 15-20 minutes from where I live so I'll spend a lot of time there. She's not in too much pain and has even been up and to the bathroom a few times. She's wearing THE BOOT again (this is a long-standing family comedy/sore spot--too long of a story to explain here).

This has certainly been a busy week! I think it's time for a beer. Yes, it's Miller time. More soon...

0 comments: