Friday, April 4, 2008

Get ready!

We have a house showing tomorrow! Ok, I'm realistic enough to know that it will take more than one showing to sell this place, but I'm just happy that there's something!! After 12 days of absolutely nothing, we have a nibble.

Had a slight fiasco with the carpet cleaning. One came yesterday and spent just over an hour doing the upstairs (minus the 2 bedrooms with new carpet), and downstairs. And it still looked like crap!!! Granted, this carpet is 14 years old and we don't deny for one minute that there's wear and tear on it, but I would expect a professional place to be able to get out relatively minor spots. I actually found a spot in the corner last night that came out with a little Resolve...this, AFTER the "professional" cleaning. So, Paul made a call this morning and another guy from the same place came out to redo the main problem areas. He did a better job at least (he got out the Crystal Light stain in the office!). We're hoping, once the furniture goes back, the worn areas won't be so noticeable.

I had an ultrasound this morning and got the ok to start the other drugs tomorrow. It all looked as it should have, so that's good! Then this afternoon, I was surprised by the arrival of "Aunt Flo" when I wasn't expecting her (Paul calls this the arrival of "The Relatives"). Being a woman, the last 20+ years have revolved around the monthly arrival of The Relatives who, for me, have almost always arrived on time and with great regularity. They come in, stay a while, and leave when they should. But being on fertility drugs throws off the whole visiting pattern of The Relatives and hence, they were not expected today. This is probably TMI, but it's all part of the reality known as IVF.

The hormones this time around are kicking my heiny. Last night, I went from laughing to crying in a heartbeat. Thankfully, I'll not be around anyone this weekend so no one but Paul has to suffer the wrath of THE HORMONES. With the big ones starting tomorrow morning, I really wonder what I'll be like next week. Good thing I only have a few weeks of this!!

Enjoy the weekend!! I plan to be on the scooter the next few days!! WOO HOO!!!!

0 comments: