Friday, May 30, 2008

40 hours.....BLECH!

I give many kuddos to kiddos who work 40 hour work weeks. I've put in a measly 32 hours in the last 4 days and I'm POOPED! I have 4-4.5 more tomorrow to put in as well, so this will be a record week for me at the vet clinic. This isn't quite what I bargained for, but with the loss of my friend Tracy's grandmother, we all had to put in a few extra hours this week. The best thing to come out of this week was my renewed appreciation for my many part-time jobs....and my less-than-40 hour work weeks. Teaching adds on a few that don't always show up on a time card, but working at home is a lot more fun than sitting in an office!

It seems as though our appointment with the next fertility doctor has been postponed. Sucks, since it was scheduled for June 25--what seems like a million years away--and will now be scheduled for an even later date. I haven't called them back yet, but I will next week (when I'm not working like a dog...hahahahaha). I want to contact at least one other (possibly 2) to schedule a consult. I just want verification that our last attempt was just that...OUR LAST. If any of them give me any glimmer of hope, I think I'll lose my mind. As much as I would love to be pregnant, a big part of me just want closure. If they tell me that's it, fine...boom...done, I'll go onto other things, but right now, I still wonder about the possibility of going through this again. Can I handle it emotionally? I don't think I could go through another cancellation. That was way more upsetting than going through an entire cycle and having it not work. At least we could say we tried. Having it cancelled wasn't expected and seemed so incomplete. And unfair.

Anyway, other than that, life is good. We're hoping for a vacation this summer. Our thought is to drive up to French-speaking Canada for a week or 10 days. This would be after our big WAYNEE WORLD weekend in early July! WOO HOO! I can't wait for that.

Happy June!

0 comments: