Tuesday, May 27, 2008

MDW

WOW. What a GREAT weekend we had! We headed up Friday night to Waynee World (for those who don't know what this is, it's my cousin Jack's house on Klinger Lake). We got there about 10:30pm and expected to be greeted by a gaggle of people, but the gaggle was just one: Jack. It was the 3 of us and a dog named Boo the whole weekend. The weather was amazing--sunny the whole time, hazy on Sunday but still very nice. We took 2 tours around the lake on the pontoon (which I found out is 7 miles all the way around and about a mile across), but because of gas prices, boat rides were at a minimum. That's ok--Paul and I don't require much of that. We burned a lot of branches Saturday night (bonfire) and it was awesome! We returned Monday afternoon (stopping at Matt's party on the way back). I had to teach last night and needed time to clean up and prepare.

Speaking of teaching, my new gig is nice! I'm teaching French to a young couple who's moving to Belgium in July. They're both really nice and I've pretty much overwhelmed them so far, but they're catching on. I like that it's a short-term thing. I still want part of my summer off.

Time off is not the name of the game this week though. The vet clinic work has stepped up (a few people are going out of town and I'm filling in). What was once a nice, easy <15 hour a week job is now going to be 32+ hours this week. I know...there are people putting in 40 hours this week, but I still have 2 other jobs that I do in addition to the clinic, plus I have an online class to create and a book to write this summer. AND...pool time at Peggy's. That's a must-have. We're going to try to fit in a vacation this summer. We're planning to drive up to Quebec and Montreal. Crazy idea with gas prices what they are, but still cheaper than flying. And more fun--we like road trips!

The house situation is still the same...a few showings here and there, but that's as far as it goes. We'll be going out in a few weeks to look at what's out there, but because of the 3.5 properties we own (between the 2 of us), we pretty much have to sell ours before buying another. Stinks, but it is what it is.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!! Remember that today and tomorrow are the last days to shop at Jewel and use your Jewel Shop N Share tickets for MariaElena. I've dropped a bundle there (twice). Seems to me it would be easier to just hand her the $20 she'd rack up from my shopping sprees, but they're not really into that idea, so I'm forced to shop instead. :) If you need tickets, EMAIL ME!!

0 comments: