Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Refund

We're still waiting for our IVF refund from the last doctor. Bastards charged us for procedures not performed way back when. A refund was promised but has yet to be delivered. I guess I have some calls to make.

On the subject of IVF, we've decided to go talk to another doctor. Or two. Or three. I haven't decided yet--I have an appointment at the end of June with one in Naperville that my good friend Leslie recommended. There's another in Buffalo Grove that I'm a little interested in talking to, and Paul's cousin Missy has talked well about hers in Hinsdale. I can remember wanting to see a doctor as close to home as possible. Hmmph. That idea's out the window. Now I just want answers. And hope. I admit I haven't completely given up yet. If they all tell me that egg donation is my only option, so be it. Sadly, it won't happen that way for us, but at least I'll know there's nothing more that can be done on our own.

Today was a 12 hour day at the vet clinic. And it was packed full of excitement, ending with a dog that was found by some people and brought into us. A sweet little guy (part Pekingese) that I thought I might be taking home with me. Alas, he had a microchip and within a very short time, he was returned to his very grateful owner. Makes me so glad both of my animals are chipped. I like happy endings!

Last night, I taught my last class at WCC and now I have the summer off! However, I start teaching a couple tomorrow night. They're moving to Belgium in July so it's a short gig but will be (semi) well-paid. The online course I have to develop won't start until next spring so thankfully, I have a little time to put it together!

Paul and I are off for a much-needed weekend away at Waynee World. We're both looking forward to being away from here and relaxing!! I don't know how many people are expected up there--being a holiday weekend, it might be pretty busy. We'll take the dog and head up there Friday night, then come back Sunday night or Monday morning. I have to get the house clean in case it's shown while we're gone! Speaking of which, we had a little nibble last weekend that I think fizzled out, and a few more showings this week (after a couple weeks of nothing). It's really a tough market! I want so bad to go look at houses but I'm afraid of falling in love with something and losing out. We absolutely cannot buy anything until this house is sold (thanks to us owning 3.5 properties between the 2 of us!). It's totally frustrating.

On a happier note, the weather is going to warm up this weekend!! YAY! I haven't been on the scooter too much (and a few times have been in the rain! YIKES!) but I know the days are near when I'll be riding it every day to work and back, or wherever. It's running really well and an absolute blast to ride!! There's also the savings on gas, even though I load it up (a whopping 2 gallons) with the more expensive stuff. Makes me feel better in general, even if it's unnecessary. Sucks that my husband won't get within 5 feet of it. No, it's not an image thing--he's just a big chicken. And he's the first to admit it.

Enjoy the long weekend!!

0 comments: