Tuesday, May 13, 2008

WOW! We had a GREAT time in Texas this past weekend for my cousin's wedding. I'm so glad we went--my mom, sister, and I were the only ones on the groom's side (outside of his parents and siblings) who went. It was hotter than blazes down there! I ended up a few shades of pink which are now developing into quite the itchy peel. It was an effort to get through my class last night without constantly scratching my chest (which consequently looks like I'm scratching my boobs).

The next few weeks are going to be busybusybusy! Next Monday is the final exam for my class--I also have a meeting that day to discuss the online course I need to create for this fall. I don't know how I'm going to get that done in time, especially with a new teaching position (private tutoring in French) starting immediately afterwards.

I also have to work extra hours at the vet clinic, since one of my co-workers will be out of town for a few days. That's becoming a problem--there are only 5 of us who work there, including the doctor. There's one certified technician, an office manager, and 2 vet assistants. When one of us is sick or has to be gone, there's almost no one to fill in. A few weeks ago, I would have given my right arm to stay home on the couch--I had a HORRIBLE cold and felt miserable. I tried calling in sick, but there was no one to work and I felt a huge obligation to go in. It was awful. Unfortunately, they have no way of hiring anyone else right now, so we're kind of stuck. I'm really not fond of working Saturdays, but I have to for now. I really hope they can hire someone on soon.

I'm still collecting donations for the Great Steps for NF (neurofibromatosis) walk I'm doing on June 7th. If you'd like to make a donation, it would be very much appreciated! Just contact me for details on how. All donations are tax-deductible, of course. I think there's now a way to do this online, but I'm still trying to figure out how that works. In the meantime, I take cash and checks! Or even PayPal!

It's going to be a chilly week in Chicago. I need to say a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kumiko!! I have yet to send her an email but I'm going to get on that as soon as I'm finished here. If you'd like to send her a note, email me for her info! She loves getting emails from here. The Japanese don't really celebrate birthdays so it's always a treat for her to get a flood of emails from everyone!

0 comments: