Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reeeeelax.

I solved my sign-on problems! Not sure how, but who cares. I'm in.


Last weekend was a whirlwind of activity! First, Kim's wedding Friday night. WOW. She was stunning and everything seemed to go off without a hitch. We had such a good time! Here's the moneyshot:

I took over 700 photos from 11:30am until about midnight. It was so much fun!! Pictures are on my photo site if anyone's interested in seeing them. Mind you, they're not the greatest--I'm still learning how to use this camera with the flashes, etc., but I think I got a few good shots. That's all I hope for--a few really, really good ones. I think the one above hit the mark.
After the reception (at the Shedd Aquarium), we headed to Hoffman Estates for the Relay for Life. Everyone at the vet clinic was participating on a team there, but for obvious reasons, I wasn't there. I did see my good friend Kevin (his sister, Lisa, is my boss at the clinic), so that was nice! We stayed for a bit and talked, then came home and crashed at 3am.
The next day, we took it easy in the morning, then in the evening, we helped out at a fundraiser for Paul's sister, MariaElena. It was thrown by his aunt at a hall in Elgin. She had some singers and there was some dancing (apparently, the older crowd was upset because of the kids on the dance floor). Overall, it was a nice event, however there were only about 40-50 people who attended (including family and close friends), so not as successful as his aunt had hoped. I'll have pictures up on my site later.
Sunday, we spent the day at Paul's sister's for Father's Day. Usually, we host Father's Day here with Paul's family, but because our house is on the market (and we only have a limited number of forks and knives), we decided it would be best to have it elsewhere. It was nice and rather relaxing, however for the first time in a long time, I did not take the camera. :) I needed a break. I do not, for one minute, ever mind taking photos, but sometimes, it's nice not to be obligated to do it.
This week, I started tutoring a new ESL student. She's from Korea and very nice! Her English isn't all that great, so I hope I can do a lot of good. I really enjoy tutoring!! I never have much to prepare ahead of time, and I definitely have nothing to grade, so it has some huge advantages. Plus, the pay is pretty damned good. This month will be a major boom to my checking account.
There's been no talk of babies in the house lately. We both just seem to avoid the subject. Paul is so stressed out with everything (his sister, the house), so I kind of avoid making things worse. We're still trying to decide how much to lower the price of the house (well, Paul's still trying to decide...). It's been slow and we're both anxious to find a new place. One in particular that we saw and liked is now under contract, but thankfully, our #1 pick (in Batavia) is still available. Not sure how much longer it will be though...
Enjoy the beautiful scooter-riding weather!!

0 comments: