Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Do a little dance...

This morning, I had my hysterosalpingogram (HSG, for short). This was considered a surgical procedure, even though I wasn't cut into. I got there on time, then they propped me up on the table (legs in the air), had an X-ray hovercraft over my abdomen, gave me local anesthesia, and shot in some dye. The dye traveled smoothly from the entry point (uterus) to the intended target (out the fallopian tubes) and showed no signs of blockage anywhere in there. Yes, once again, a "perfect" test (that's the word Dr. Morris used). Perfect.

After weaving my legs into the granny panties I had to wear home and taking a strong Advil, I came home to spend guilt-free time on the couch catching up on Tivo. I fell into a drug-induced nap (not from Advil, but the Darvocet I treated myself to). I got a few hours of much-needed sleep and woke to find messages on my cell phone.

One from a realtor wanting to show the house tomorrow (Thurs) evening. Ahhh, I can hear the cheers from the crowd as I type that.

The other from my friend, Peggy, letting me know I have over $200 in book royalties from last quarter (our best yet!). More cheers. For those who don't know, a few years ago, I translated into French a Spanish book (activities for middle school language classes) that Peggy wrote, and now she splits the royalties from that with me. It's awesome! I guess this makes me published??

I hope to get the scooter back in the next day or two (it's in for a flat tire, which as it turns out, is worn so far that it needs to be replaced). I've put over 2000 miles on the scooter this summer and still have a small amount of time to ride before storing it for winter. I'll miss it, that's for sure. It came in VERY handy when gas hit $4+/gallon!!

Happy Halloween!!

0 comments: