Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ouch

Did anyone in the Chicago area notice how mild the weather is today? This would be perfect scooter-riding weather, however mine is still in the shop. Apparently, there have been no back Vespa tires in the entire freaking country. I'm not kidding. I'm of the belief that if you run a Vespa dealership, it would behoove you to stock a few tires in case someone might need one. Nope--I have to wait until Tuesday. The beautiful 70+ degree weather we'll have tomorrow will be wasted in my gas-guzzling monster blue car. But I'll get it back just in time for the rain and cold weather to set in. Bastards.

First, I'll mention that our showing on Thursday was a bust. They thought the place was too small. Yeah, haven't heard that one before.

This weekend was filled with activity! We decided to go straighten out the storage unit on Saturday. We really went there in search of some software that Paul had packed away. We started around 4pm...and finished at 8:30pm. Four and a flippin' half hours and no software. I swear I looked at or in 95% of the boxes in there, but came up with no software. I did, however, manage to dig out my beloved hot glue gun (and the Ziplock of glue sticks). That pretty much made my night. We found a few other goodies and managed to fill up the car with stuff. Sadly, there are a couple boxes that got big-time squished and now rattle with china pieces. We haven't had the heart to open them yet. By the time we finished in there, I was left with a HUGE splinter in an awkward place on the bottom of my foot (I'm still not convinced I got it all out), bruises all over my hands, arms, and legs, and very very very sore muscles. But I have my hot glue gun!!!

Today, I managed to eek out a test for class tomorrow--I actually had 2 students come by the house today to take it (they have legitimate conflicts tomorrow night). This is nice because I won't be rushing tomorrow to get the test done in time for class. I can relax a bit (or work on the still-unfinished-but-at-least-started online class).

I'll be voting in my first presidential election on Tuesday. WOO HOO! GO VOTE!!!

0 comments: