Sunday, October 5, 2008

Minutes

I'm within minutes of finishing the stairs!!! Actually, it's more like 120 minutes, but STILL! And they do look goooooooood (if I do say so myself). They were so hard to do, but honestly, there was a lot of creativity involved (ask me sometime about the stain combo), and in some ways, it felt really good to be creative again. It seems like it's been forever since I've gotten to do anything artistic. While this wouldn't be at the top of my creative-things-to-do list, it filled a bit of a void that's been there for a while. Makes me EVEN MORE want to move and unpack all my goodies--my paints and brushes, my canvases, my craft shit, my sewing machine and box o' fabrics....all of it.

This weekend was somber, to say the least. Friday morning (early), the mother of Paul's sister's husband passed away. She was such a nice woman and I was really fond of her. That kind of put a mood on the rest of the weekend. Yesterday, we went to the baptism of the son of a friend of mine (we had to go into the city), then I came home and Paul went to his 25th HS reunion. I did some more painting last night, then finished up a lot of it today, along with all the other crap that needs to be done. Paul and I have been in a funk all weekend--kind of fighting, not really speaking much, trying to avoid each other. Just stupid stuff.

Wish us luck on this last stretch!

0 comments: