Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is around the corner. We were supposed to host it this year in our new house. Since we don't have the house, the holiday reverted back to the care of my brother and his family (who had hoped to give it up this year in exchange for Christmas...now they get both holidays). With any luck, we'll be settled nicely into our new home next year and we'll have a gaggle of people at the house! We plan to have both sides of the family, plus a few extras I imagine. GREAT excuse to have a pool table in the house. I remember going to my Aunt Betty and Uncle Eddie's for Thanksgiving as a kid. They had a pool table (or was it ping pong?) that they covered with plywood and a special tablecloth. It worked perfectly!

I started the shots Saturday night, then had my second last night. Today, I feel slightly uncomfortable in the area of my ovaries, but I've also had some back pain the last few days, so my discomfort could be more back pain-related. Whatever the case, there's a lot going on down in the nether-regions and none of it is all that welcome. I'll have a shot tonight and one more tomorrow night, then testing done on Wednesday.

We had one house showing on Saturday, another one yesterday, and our third in about an hour from now. I still have to go around and pick up the house, raise the blinds, and turn on lights, but the advantage of having them so close together is that the house does manage to stay quite clean in between. I'm not expecting much from these, but it's nice that something is happening. We'll have lunch with our realtor today to talk about what to do this winter, since it will likely be sloooowwwwwwww. We're going to keep the house on the market--apparently, pulling it off the market will be of little benefit to us, so it may as well sit on there looking pretty.

I have given myself one week to get the online class done!! Frankly, I don't think I'll have it completely finished by next Monday, but I've given myself a grace period of 4 days after that (until Dec 5). I want it DONE by my birthday. No big plans for the big day, except whatever develops with the IVF (retrieval? transfer?).

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

They had both a pool table and a ping-pong table, but it was the latter that was covered with plywood for Thanksgiving dinner.

Dad