Sunday, December 14, 2008

3, 4, 5

3 embryos transfered...4 frozen buggers....and why is it I can get no more than 5 hours sleep at a time? This is MOST annoying. We came home from Pierogi Day last night and I fell asleep on the couch before 10pm. Went to bed, watch a little TV (until just after 10), and woke fully up at 3am. Eventually this morning, I'll get drowsy and want to sleep again, but of course this will be right around the time I need to be up and moving.

The last few days have felt very strange. The cramping from the retrieval/transfer seems to have subsided, but there's another feeling happening down there, and it's all too familiar--my period is coming. I've felt it for the last 2 days. Officially, I don't know when it's due. I had gotten it around Nov. 13th, but then started on the BC pill which stopped it, then I had it again a week later. There's a certain burning-type feeling I get in my abdomen when "the relatives" arrive, and I've had that feeling for the last few days. There are other signs (breaking out, moodiness, etc) that are also happening. I don't know--I keep running and checking to see if it's happening, but nothing yet. I'd love to think it won't, but I have a really bad feeling about this.

This has all been spured on, of course, because I broke down and peed on a stick yesterday and it was negative. I've been yelled at for this and told it's WAY too early to tell. The official test isn't until later this week, but I have the patience of a gnat (so says Paul). I may do it again this morning. And tomorrow morning. And the one after that. I just HAVE to know.

I'm going to go lay on the couch to see if I can get myself to fall asleep. It's 4:30am now, and I'd love to get another hour or two of sleep. We have a semi-big day ahead (Christmas at my dad and Beverly's, along with dropping off and picking up of Blair at Maria's house, which will result in a lengthy visit with them) so I need to be in top form. By the way, what IS top form??? To me, that just means being awake.

More when I know something....

0 comments: