Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stick peeing tells no lies

Well, it seems that peeing on the stick was more revealing than I thought: today's pregnancy test (the official one at the doctor's office) came back negative. Not exactly the news we were expecting...I really thought I was pregnant this time. This is what I get for having hope.

Just so everyone understands, it's not because of stress, or because we're not relaxed enough, or any of that nonsense. It just is. Our doctor had told us going into this that there wouldn't be a way to know what makes the little buggers stick or not stick. That's what makes this so much harder--there's no real explanation for it.

So we go on. We have 4 frozen embryos and a whole lot of decisions to make. Do we take the chance and try this again? I've failed twice now and this second time was supposed to be the better chance...I'm not sure I want to "waste" the remaining embryos on me if it's not going to work again. Do we have someone else (a surrogate) try carrying them? That might be a better bet. Thankfully, we know someone who might be willing to do this for us. ☺ How lucky are we for that?

There will be a lot of discussion between Paul and me in (and about) the future. We're hoping for a vacation in January (somewhere warm, I hope!!). We're in no hurry to make any decisions just yet. I'm so thankful we have each other right now.

I'm going to have a beer tonight at bowling. And some champagne and pineapple juice for New Year's.

See? A little something positive in this whole mess....

0 comments: