Thursday, December 18, 2008

Anger and love

We're doing pretty well here in Iaco-ville, all things considered. I definitely feel better than I did in April, after our second IVF cycle was cancelled before the retrieval. THAT was hard. At least we got to go to the end of this cycle and, while it wasn't successful, I don't blame myself or Paul or the doctor or nurses. I had so much anger in April. This time around, it's disappointing but way more "final," if that makes any sense. I guess it's like getting closure.

I'm so thankful to have a wonderful husband. I'm not just saying that--he really is pretty great. We may have our differences on some subjects, but we have fun together and he makes me laugh like no one else can (except for Angie and her friend, Lisa...man, those 2 are funny as all hell!).

I had my last class on Monday--grades are due tomorrow at noon so I'll be furiously grading final exams in the morning! We oddly have no plans this weekend (save for the movie Bolt with Robert and Mary tomorrow night!), so I'm going to devote some time to getting it done. I'd love to have it completely finished in the next 10 days--that's my goal, but I'm not always good at fulfilling my goals. I do need to finish Christmas shopping this weekend, but I don't have much to do.

Our Christmas cards are going out a bit late this year. It took us a while to get one we liked. The best one we had taken was done by none other than ROBERT! Who knew my 9 year old nephew would be so good with the camera?? I love to let all the kids use it--they're all so gentle with it and good about not using it as a toy. Robert happens to rock at taking pictures! If you like it, let him know.

0 comments: