Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Showing off

Well, looks like I blew a potential house sale last week. A couple came for a 2nd viewing, which was a bit surprising since their feedback after the first one was that it was a wee too small. Anyway, they happened to catch me still here when they arrived. I was trying to scurry out of the house but they were asking me questions about different things (the roof, windows, etc). Then they asked why we were moving.

Stupid me, I told them the truth: for something bigger.

It's been proven on some occasions that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I also can't lie on immediate command like that. It just popped out of my mouth. When our realtor asked for feedback after the second time, he said that they really liked the house but my comment about moving got them thinking that it might be too small for them as well.

Oops.

I'm trying not to kick myself too much for this gaffe. I just have to keep remembering that if it was too small for them the first time around, it couldn't have looked bigger to them the 2nd, so it was likely bound to happen this way anyway....right?

Oh well. We have a (new) showing this Saturday. The new housing season is just starting and, while it really sucks this year, it sucked last year and we had a lot of showings, so we can always hope for the same number this year. AND we've done improvements since last spring, so the house looks way better.

Paul and I are headed to Springfield this weekend. It's our only free weekend for a while and I really want to see my friends! Paul, too, is really looking forward to getting away. Work has been hard for him the past few months. We were thinking of taking a vacation in March, but that's not looking so good anymore as his company is expected to cut the pay of anyone remaining there (so far, he hasn't been layed off). I think we're going to aim for as many short getaways as possible. I have lots of miles on Northwest, so we might use those and take a trip somewhere (I have enough for 2 R/T tickets in the US....most of these are miles from when I was in Japan!).

Then there's the IVF, which it looks like we might start sooner rather than later. We haven't totally decided, but if he's that unsure about his job, we might want to get this huge, hefty expense out of the way while he's still employed. More on that later...

Happy Valentine's Day! Happy Anniversary to Dad and Beverly, and Happy Birthday to Dawn (my sister-in-law, but I don't think she reads this).

0 comments: