Saturday, April 25, 2009

Big day!

This morning, we had our new house inspection, and it went pretty well! Just some minor things that need to be changed. We're also in the midst of a radon test that we ordered. Hopefully, that won't be an issue, but if it is, the current owners will have to pay to have it dealt with.

While we were there, I took a ton of pictures, which I'll have up on my photo site in the next day or so. I wanted to remember some of the details as well, so I took tons of notes. Basically, Paul and I do not have enough furniture for all the rooms. We have no formal living room furniture, and we're going to need some other assorted things, but nothing too major. I did some measuring in the kitchen to see what kinds of appliances we can get, so I have a better idea of that.

After that, we decided to swing by an Amish furniture store in Batavia. A few years ago, Paul bought several pieces at this store and they're BEAUTIFUL. Sooooo well made, too. It took us 3+ months to get our entertainment center! We found a gorgeous bedroom set, which will be a belated wedding present from my dad and stepmom. It's incredible and was on clearance for more than 1/2 off. After a quick call to my dad, we just couldn't resist getting it! The master bedroom will need to be painted before we can have it delivered. It looks a little like the picture here. The pieces included in the set are a wee different (and there are a LOT of them!!), but that's the basic design.

Tonight, Paul and I had a little celebration at a nearby Mexican restaurant that we've been dying to try. It was amazing!! Then we got caught in the heavy rain--hopefully, this won't stick around too long tomorrow as we're getting our front step repaired as part of the contract with the new owners. If he can't do it tomorrow, we might be a tiny bit screwed...

Enjoy your weekend! Tomorrow, I'm officially 8 weeks along!


0 comments: