Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Coming to you LIVE from...

Panera in St. Charles. Nope, still no house. My patience has been tried again and again, but at least I've come to realize that I really have no choice but to wait, so I need to make the "best" of it. Hahahaha. Not so funny.

We do, however, have a garage. After some wrestling among the lawyers, we were able to come up with a contract to rent the garage in the new house. This alleviates our daily $100 shit-sitting-on-a-truck expense that the moving company was charging us. They came this morning and emptied the truck into about 2/3 of the garage. They did a fine job of it, too. My scooter came out of this unscathed.

And my plants did as well. That was the biggest and sweetest surprise! I have a couple VERY large plants that had been sitting in a dark truck for a week, one of them in a box (don't ask...). I was soooooooooo happy to see them still among the living this morning! And yes, I realize how unhealthy it is to have any kind of emotional attachment to plants, but I do. They are living things, after all. One is a ficus I'd bought as a twig at Walmart in the early 90's that's grown to about 4-5 feet. It's fluffy and quite beautiful, and normally ficus' don't like to be moved--this one's officially been through the ringer, but it's survived beautifully. All plants are now sitting outside on the front porch of the house, which isn't really in the whole garage agreement, but I'll take my chances.

No other news to report. No baby news yet--my next appt isn't until the 29th, so we sit tight until then. There was talk about us possibly closing this Friday, but both Paul and I doubt that will happen. They've been pushing it off 2 days at a time for the last week. Should it not happen on Friday, we might be heading to Waynee World for the weekend. Believe it or not, the beds there are WAY more comfortable than where we're at now.

Enjoy the hot weather while it lasts! Apparently, that won't be long....

0 comments: