Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nope.

Still homeless. Apparently, banks and mortgage companies are backed up to the hilt with refinances, foreclosures, etc. Our little mortgage is just sitting and waiting for someone to look at it. SUCKS. I have no idea how long this will take, but I'm scared shitless that the current owners of the house we want to buy are going to get really tired of waiting, decide it's no longer worth their time, and relist their house on the market. They could technically do this (though I think it would be a HUGE hassle for them). SUCKS.

I have an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow morning...my first with this new OB. Paul's going with and is SO EXCITED at the idea of hearing the heartbeat! Hopefully, that's part of the whole deal tomorrow. It'll be his first time seeing or hearing anything, so I'm sure it'll all be exciting for him!

I did test positive for beta strep (via a pee sample). From what I'm hearing and reading, it's serious but preventable and shouldn't affect the baby. The doc will put me on strong IV antibiotics the day of labor to avoid passing anything to the baby. It's pretty common, from the sounds of it.

Despite being homeless, we've been spending a wee bit of time in the garage of the new house, where a bunch of our stuff is stored (that which was in the house when we moved out--we still have the storage unit). Eventually, and hopefully, we'll actually be allowed to move into the rest of the house and when we do, we'll need help!! I can't carry anything, so we'll be in search of some strappingly strong men who will do hard labor (not like delivering a baby or anything) in exchange for beer and pizza. If you're interested, I'm taking applications.

Enjoy the upcoming beautiful weekend! Keep fingers crossed that we'll be in our house soooooon!

0 comments: