Sunday, May 17, 2009

This f'ing sucks.

We're STILL homeless. The stupid banks are taking their time deciding if we're worthy of a loan from them for our house. It's Sunday and the lawyers are now saying it could be Wednesday before anything is decided. GREAT NEWS for those of us who packed 2 days worth of everything in an overnight bag.

We've been staying with Paul's friend, Ken. He has a nice house WAY out west in Elburn. He's a bachelor, always has been and likely always will be, so his house isn't exactly homey. He does, however, have room for us and the dog. We don't have a lot with us right now, except in our cars which are packed full. His bed is also hideously uncomfortable--I can barely stand in the mornings. This makes it hard to do just about anything. This, plus the lack of internet connection, is just about to set me over the edge of sanity.

I'm in a horrid mood these days, not fit for human company. I had to go buy clothes to wear to a birthday party today and work tomorrow. The last thing I need is more clothes! Ugh. I've never been so frustrated.

We're hoping to be able to rent the house for a few days, or a week, or whatever it takes to get financing. I'm not sure if we need a co-signer or not, but we'll check into that. Embarrassing, since we both have pristine credit records.

More when I know it...

0 comments: