Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Starbucks sucks.

I went there this morning, hoping to use some free Wifi, and guess what...it's not really free. I had to buy a stupid Starbucks card and put $5 on it, even though I don't drink coffee. I don't particularly like any of their non-coffee drinks, either. The card allows me 2 hours a day of Wifi, but it has to be used at least once every 30 days. Plus, I had 40 minutes to spare before tutoring this morning and it took 30 to get conneted. Screw that...I'll stick with Panera (where I am right now) and Corner Bakery (nice, but no place to plug in so I stay as long as the battery lasts, which isn't usually very long).

Anyway, enough bitching about that. On to bitching about other things....like homelessness. Today, we got word that on Friday, we'll likely "be cleared to close." Been there, heard the same damn story before, so I'm not really buying it. Even if we get clearance, we likely wouldn't close on Friday but sometime next week, and since they never seem to have computers updated on Mondays, it would likely be Tues or Wed. I know I should be happy about this, but again, I've heard this shit before and been disappointed, so I expect nothing different this week.

Baby related: nothing really new. I have an OB appt next Monday afternoon. I plan to talk to her about the milk issue. I would give anything to drink a tall, ice-cold glass of milk. I could, but I'd pay for it later. I guess if/when I need to clean out my system, that would be the way to go! I did go buy some goat's milk today, but I've heard it tastes nasty (unfortunately, I heard this AFTER I bought it). Wonderful.

Boy, I'm just a big ole bunch of flowers today, aren't I??

It's so hard to remain positive these days. I know I'm probably doing wonders for the baby with all this negativity. I find myself laying around, depressed so much of the time, basically when I'm not at work. I just want to cry, but can't--I'm too pissed off. I know there's nothing I can do, but that makes it 10 times worse. I feel like no one is doing anything anymore...not sure if that's really true, but it sure does feel like it.

Sorry for being on such a downer. I'd give anything for a comfy bed, HEAT (Ken keeps his place at 64 degrees--the HEAT--while the air is at 84...still, his house is like a fridge). I'm grateful to have a place to stay, however this needs to END. NOW.

Enjoy the lovely weather!

0 comments: