Friday, June 19, 2009

< insert sigh of relief >

WHEW! We're finally settling in AND we have connection to the outside world! YAY for internet service. Still have a boatload of boxes to unload, but things are slowly getting put away. My mom finished the kitchen and dining room, neither of which I had any motivation to do myself, so that was HUGE.

The cats are back home. Salsa disappeared for a while today and I thought she'd gotten into a ceiling panel that was left open. I seriously thought she was stuck somewhere in the walls of the house--frankly, that's not beyond Salsa's capabilities. Anyone remember her day-long adventure spent stuck in a car engine in 2004? Alas, she was not in the walls this time, just hiding in a box, refusing to answer when called. She's back to being a pill but Daisy (surprisingly!) doesn't seem too bothered by her.

Baby is doing well! It seems I can finally drink milk again. Must have been a first-trimester weirdness--I've heard of a lot of weird things happening in pregnancy, so I guess I'm not surprised. I'm starting to show a little--just a small bump, but it's there. Not feeling any movement yet, but that will likely start soon.

I should have pictures of the house posted soon on my photo site. The weather has been shitty the past few weeks but at least it's starting to warm up! We finally turned on the air for the first time since we arrived. This weekend will be spent at a birthday party, then Father's Day with Paul's dad here at our house. Our first shot at entertaining! The place is a disaster, but oh well.

Enjoy!!

0 comments: