Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On the mend

Slowly but surely, we're both recovering here at the Iaco house. Paul caught whatever I had, so it's been a rough week or so. I was put on Tamiflu while he was put on an inhaler for bronchitis. We should both be in tip-top shape for Sunday's shower!

Speaking of showers, we had one this past weekend at his sister's (attended by his side of the family and friends). It was such a nice time!! We received so many nice gifts, and now it's time for me to sit down and write thank you notes. That's the hardest part for me--getting the motivation to do that task.

This weekend's shower will be a HUGE crowd! It'll be my family and friends gathering for a brunch at Kate's house. I'll be excited to see Robert acting as waiter for the day. ☺ It hit me at last week's shower that we're really having a baby! I think I got teary-eyed opening the first gift. It really was incredible to realize that!

I have a regular OB appt in one week, then another ultrasound 2 weeks after that (to see what position the little man has put himself in). He's moving a LOT these days, and I'm definitely getting more and more uncomfortable. This is my last week of work at the vet clinic, and while a part of me is sad to be leaving there, it'll be nice to spend some time relaxing and catching up on the sleep I've been lacking lately.

Photos from last week are on my photo site, and I'll get this weekend's up there afterwards. Enjoy!

0 comments: