Tuesday, December 1, 2009

TWO DAYS!!

Holy cow!! 2 days from now, I will be someone's mother. YIKES! I'm flipping out, but thankfully, Paul is very calm about all this. I think I'm more anxious about the c-section itself than I am the 18 years that follow. I've never had a major operation before, and the only stitches I've ever gotten were in my big toe while I was in college. I did have a minor booby operation 3 years ago, and the removal of some polyps on my cervix, both of which required anesthesia (I love versed!). This seems a lot more serious, but like so many others, I'm sure I'll recover just fine.

I'm finishing up my Christmas shopping and trying to get things in order before being out of commission for a while. I have grocery shopping to do, laundry, and all sorts of things to do in the next couple of days. Oh, and my high-priority pedicure tomorrow morning! Can't be hospitalized with ugly feet.

This may be my last post before the baby arrives. We will hope to call everyone to let them know, so if I don't get to you on Thursday, be patient. You'll hear from us eventually, either by phone or other means. I'm planning to take my little computer to update everything...hopefully, I'll have wireless access.

Until the next time!!

1 comments:

Jeanne Baumann said...

Beck,
I'm reading this 1 day AFTER you became someone's mother. Specifically, Jack's mother. Neat, isn't it? And I love being our Jack's grandma.