Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not only...

This is the week for changes! Not only does Jackson have a front tooth coming in, he has the side one next to it. There's been talk that the second front top tooth is also coming in, but I haven't seen that one yet. It could be there and I'm missing it though.


Jackson's also now responding to me chasing him, saying, "I'm gonna get you!" He squeals with delight and crawls away, stopping every few feet to sit and look back to see if I'm still there, then take of "running" again when he sees me. It's incredibly cute (though hard on my knees to crawl behind him!). I can remember Maddie doing this--she was always SO SERIOUS about getting away!

He's also now eating small finger foods (little whole grain puffs). He's not quite gotten the hang of getting the food in his mouth with his fingers, but he's getting better at it every day. It's cute to watch him try, and funny when we lift him out of his high chair and find half of them stuck to his legs. Bailey swoops up anything that hits the floor, too.

I look at Jackson every single day and wonder how I got so lucky! I can only hope another child is in our future. Paul is so concerned about finances (IVF costs, as well as future college educations!) that he won't even talk about it. Not that I want to rush into having another, but I'd really like to get going on the drug portion of game, just to get that out of the way. Unfortunately, freezing and storing embryos is expensive--we already have one in ice, and we'd be charged all the same initial charges for any new ones, and none of it is covered by insurance.

Paul is headed to California next week to spend some time with his brother, Steve. Steve has been hospitalized for 5-6 weeks now (since Father's Day) with leukemia. His first 4 weeks of chemo didn't work, so he's getting another 4 week round of drugs. There's a plan to bring him back to Illinois for a stem cell transplant and subsequent treatment, which will total 2 years, during which he'll live with his mother (*gulp*). His chances aren't great, but he's fighting with everything he's got. Please keep all fingers crossed for him!

This weekend will be Jackson's first White Sox game! Wish us luck--we don't have high expectations, but we hope he enjoys it!

0 comments: