Saturday, October 20, 2012

TV

I just want to take a minute to say how much I enjoy watching TV with Paul.  We sit together on the couch, usually with my head in his lap (and him rubbing it, which makes me UBER happy) and watch.  We have a lot of shows that we watch together-- The Amazing Race, Project Runway, Top Chef, The Good Wife, Modern Family.  We have shows that we watch separately as well.  He loves NCIS (I don't mind watching it occasionally), Go On (I can skip this), and a few others.  I like shows like Dateline, 48 Hours, Grey's Anatomy, and pretty much any Real Housewives show. 

Watching TV at night after Jackson goes to bed is a treat for us.  We don't have that long to watch before I totally poop out and have to go to bed, but boy, we really enjoy spending that time together.

Jackson likes TV, but really doesn't watch too much during the day.  I don't know what's normal and what's not with kids.  He usually catches a few shows in the early morning.  Nowadays, he likes Daniels Tigers Neighborhood and Curious George, with the occasional Sesame Street episode thrown in.  He'll sit through Thomas the Train and Word World, but not as often as he used to.  We don't watch Toy Story too often during the week--sometimes that's a weekend or evening treat.  There are days when the TV doesn't go on at all for him...not that I mind that!  His viewing is pretty much limited to what's on PBS.  We have yet to explore any other channels or shows.  I still feel like I have a good amount of control over what he sees.

Tonight, I'll be snuggled on the couch with my hunny watching Project Runway and the last 4 episodes of Modern Family.  My favorite kind of evening!!

0 comments: